Are you passionate about improving people’s lives through advanced molecular diagnostic and prognostic tools that support the diagnosis and treatment of cancer? PhenoPath offers an exciting, challenging and personally rewarding work environment using cutting-edge technology in the fields of diagnostic pathology, molecular laboratory testing and contract research services.
At PhenoPath, we help you achieve your potential no matter what role you play. We reward and celebrate excellence and offer career development that enables achievement in areas of research, laboratory operations, finance and administration, sales and marketing, human resources and more. We give you the chance to realize your passion for career growth and opportunity.
As a professional at PhenoPath, you will be part of a team that values and is committed to:
- Growth through continuous learning and academic excellence
- Rewards for performance and initiative through competitive compensation that is aligned with business success
- Diversity in the work place
- Delivering diagnoses our pathology and oncology customers can count on
- The success of our customers
If you would like to learn more about joining the PhenoPath team, follow the links listed below that describe positions currently available at PhenoPath.
Flow Cytometry Technologist
Schedule: Monday – Friday w/Rotating Saturdays
- Perform Laboratory Work in Flow Cytometry
- Process specimens and run patient flow cytometry assays on blood, bone marrow, body fluids, and/or tissues.
- Make smears and cytospins; perform Wright's and other special stains; obtain cell counts and other related work as necessary.
- Select appropriate panel based on clinical information provided. Consult pathologist, supervisor, Senior Technologist, as needed.
- Set-up specimens with appropriate antibodies/panel cocktails.
- Prepare antibody cocktails and other reagents as necessary.
- Participate in the validation of new tests.
- Operate instruments/equipment and perform routine maintenance and/or arrange for service and repair.
- Review and Evaluate Results
- Acquire data on specimens, and then archive data to the PhenoPath server.
- Add-on additional test panels/antibodies, if needed. Consult pathologist, supervisor, Senior Technologist, as needed.
- Discuss any uncertainties about the analysis with the attending flow cytometry pathologist, supervisor, Senior Technologist.
- Quality Control
- Perform quality control per SOPs.
- Safety, Security, and Waste Handling
- Observe Universal Precautions, follow good laboratory practices and safety and security protocols (e.g. wear gloves when handling chemicals or fresh tissues or body fluids. Eye protection must be used for any activity capable of generating splashes).
- Dyes, xylenes, and alcohols are all collected for disposal or recycling.
- All antibodies, pipets, pipet tips, gloves, etc. are to be disposed in the biohazard waste.
- Coordinate efforts with safety officer to ensure safe working environment
- Coordinate efforts with Compliance Committee in ensuring compliance to applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory requirements.
- Administrative Duties
- Ensure adequate amounts of supplies and reagents.
- Other duties, tasks, and/or responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a clinical lab science, Medical Technology, or related science.
- H(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) Certification
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Flow Cytometry Laboratory and/or Hematology Laboratory.
- (Less experience acceptable for recent graduates)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience in a Flow Cytometry Laboratory
TO APPLY: Click Here
PhenoPath accepts resumes for Medical Technologists and Histotechnologists on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in employment at PhenoPath, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Human Resources Department
551 North 34th Street, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98103
PhenoPath offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance options (PhenoPath contributes to the premiums for employee, spouse and dependents)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a counseling and referral service, provided by PhenoPath
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Basic life and AD&D insurance coverage provided by PhenoPath
- Additional voluntary term life and AD&D insurance coverage options
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage provided by PhenoPath
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal leave and six holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan (PhenoPath provides an employer match on employee contributions; employees are 100% vested in their contributions and matching contributions from PhenoPath)
- Free on-site parking or alternative commuter bonus subsidy to offset public transportation costs
View and print an Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhenoPath is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to attract and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diversity of the communities in which we live.
Vendor / Recruiter Policy
PhenoPath does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, nor does PhenoPath pay fees to such vendors. Please do not contact or solicit hiring personnel regarding these matters.