Are you passionate about improving people’s lives through advanced molecular diagnostic and prognostic tools that support the diagnosis and treatment of cancer? PhenoPath offers an exciting, challenging and personally rewarding work environment using cutting-edge technology in the fields of diagnostic pathology, molecular laboratory testing and contract research services.
At PhenoPath, we help you achieve your potential no matter what role you play. We reward and celebrate excellence and offer career development that enables achievement in areas of research, laboratory operations, finance and administration, sales and marketing, human resources and more. We give you the chance to realize your passion for career growth and opportunity.
As a professional at PhenoPath, you will be part of a team that values and is committed to:
- Growth through continuous learning and academic excellence
- Rewards for performance and initiative through competitive compensation that is aligned with business success
- Diversity in the work place
- Delivering diagnoses our pathology and oncology customers can count on
- The success of our customers
If you would like to learn more about joining the PhenoPath team, follow the links listed below that describe positions currently available at PhenoPath.
Provide on-site supervision of Clinical Laboratory Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Histology Technologists, Technicians, and Ancillary staff; oversee and monitor laboratory testing, quality control, quality assurance, preventative maintenance, safety, and continuing education of the IHC and Histology staff.
With direct and/or delegated authority:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Laboratory IHC and histology departments, including, but not limited to staffing, scheduling, training, work quality, and monitoring of activities.
- Supervise, evaluate, and oversee activities of the staff.
- Provide technical and administrative management, such as policy development and budgeting.
- Develop, implement and improve processes, including providing necessary training to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of quality work.
- Provide for the continuing technical and professional development of staff.
- Supervise Clinical Laboratory IHC and Histology staff
- Interview and recommend selection of applicants.
- Assign and schedule work; act upon leave requests. Supervise and oversee activities of staff.
- Supervise orientation and training and ensure documentation of training activities.
- Evaluate and document staff performance through formal and informal mechanisms.
- Counsel staff and recommend disciplinary action when necessary. May implement disciplinary action, as appropriate. Develops and oversees Performance Improvement Plans in coordination with the Associate Director, and Human Resources.
- Participate in formulation of division goals and policies; implement departmental and policies and changes in procedure.
- Ensure delivery of Laboratory work
- Monitor workload, staffing, turnaround time, and other key performance and quality metrics to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of quality work from the department, and to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Assure that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Act as a resource for the laboratory staff
- Provide technical expertise, and be available to the staff for questions.
- Troubleshoot laboratory tests, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and conduct Continuing Education sessions for laboratory staff.
- Be accessible to testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with PhenoPath policies and procedures; or ensure that a person with appropriate qualifications is available in the event supervisor cannot be.
- Write, review, and revise laboratory procedures, forms, and other documents, and maintain document control per PhenoPath established processes.
- Monitor, ensure quality, and initiate/recommend process improvement projects related to clinical laboratory operations.
- May perform the duties of a Clinical IHC Technologist III.
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Supervise, direct and lead the R&D activities of the staff. Develop and implement new IHC or Histology tests and methodologies.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and regulatory adherence.
- Investigate and implement new equipment or technologies as needed or directed
- Receive approval from the Medical Director or Associate Director of IHC & Histology for major equipment purchases.
- Coordinate and oversee product selection and purchasing while ensuring that you obtain input from, or provide feedback to the pertinent departments including: Medical Staff, Management, Finance, Contract research, QA, IT and/or Marketing.
- Supervise installation, implementation and validation of new equipment and technologies including: Training, Documentation, Testing and validation, SOP or other document creation
- Assist with inspections (CAP, NY state, Sponsors, etc.)
- Maintain lab operations to be in a state of continual inspection preparedness.
- Conduct semi-annual Self-Inspection, and prepare for actual inspection.
- Report any deficiencies to Associate Director and QA, and prepare and execute approved corrective action plan.
- Assist Associate Director and QA as directed.
- Safety, Security, and Waste Handling
- Observe and model safe works practices (Universal Precautions, proper use of PPE, hand washing, etc.) at all times, and ensure a safe working environment.
- May provide safety training to staff.
- Quality Improvement / Quality Assessment Program
- Maintain and review quality control standards of the laboratory.
- Coordinate proficiency testing (PT) activities of the staff and ensure compliance with all PT policies.
- Participate in the overall Quality Program at PhenoPath Laboratories.
- Ensure staff competency through formal and informal mechanisms (e.g. training, Competency Assessments, Proficiency Testing, Performance Evaluations, observations, discussions).
- Maintain privacy and security of patient protected health information (PHI), and PhenoPath's confidential business information, and/or intellective property and that of PhenoPath’s clients.
- Coordinate efforts with Compliance Committee in ensuring compliance to applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- Current certification with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), or equivalent, or certification with specialty organization appropriate to the laboratory section
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible clinical technologist experience to include at least one year in a lead capacity in IHC and/or Histology
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A doctoral or master’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- Prior supervisory experience in a CLIA-certified laboratory in IHC
- At least one year in a lead capacity in IHC and Histology
Please no phone calls regarding this position from candidates or recruiters
To Apply: Click Here
Mail-Room Office Assistant
- Appropriately package and accurately arrange for transport of specimens and other goods to intended recipients
- Advise staff of shipping requirements/regulations
- Document activity as required
- Receive and triage packages to ensure timely handling and receipt.
- Distribute specimens and materials from intake to testing laboratory.
- Send out shipping supplies to clinical service clients.
- Maintain adequate stocks of supplies in an organized fashion.
- Perform functions, as needed, to assist with the smooth operation of Client Services.
- Contribute to a professional working atmosphere by maintaining and foster an open and communicative work environment among all co-workers, including physicians, managers and supervisors, and all other PhenoPath employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with PhenoPath’s own, as well as local, state, and federal requirements
- Follow PhenoPath’s documented policies and procedures relative to compliance, privacy, security, safety, and personnel
- Report concerns and/or ask questions of Client Services Manager, Privacy Officer, Security Officer, Safety Officer, HR, etc.
- Required Skills
- Congenial and professional
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and ensure day-to-day work is accomplished in the required timeframe
- Familiarity with MAC operating system and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Preferred Skills
- At least 3-5 years office experience in an clinical laboratory
- Experience with FedEx.com
- Knowledge of international and hazardous material shipping regulations
To Apply: Click Here
Billing Specialist AR/Insurance
Follow up on all unpaid and/or denied claims sent to Insurances via the Lab Billing System
This position is Full-Time and reports to the Director of Billing & Financial Analysis. Responsible for insurance follow up, understanding of Medical Coding as needed. Appeal to Insurance for all denied and underpaid claims. Answer incoming calls, file documents, submit claims, correct edits and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an Efficient and Organized Billing System
- Follow up on all denied, short paid and unpaid insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Respond to all Insurance inquiries for chart notes, medical necessity and additional information needed to enable claim to process and pay timely.
- Originate appeals on all denied claims, including but not limited to “Not Medically Necessary” and “Out of Network Provider”
- Maintain Insurance Accounts Receivables aging in acceptable ratios.
- Manage clearinghouse edits on a daily basis making corrections as necessary.
- Contact clinics, clients, and/or patients to obtain missing information needed to complete processing of insurance claims.
- Make corrections, as needed for claim resubmissions.
- Document actions in patient account notes to allow for overall department reporting and follow-up.
- Prepare and send secondary claims daily, attaching primary EOBs when required.
- Notify Supervisor when information in billing software requires updating.
- Consistently alters plans/routines when situation requires and continues to perform without projecting stress/frustration that would adversely affect the work environment.
- Maintains and ensures patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Answers telephone calls made to the billing department (3rd line incoming calls)
- Responds to calls / questions from patients /clinics/insurances companies in a timely manner
- Contribute to a Professional Work Environment
- Consistently demonstrates respect for the capabilities, different cultures and/or personalities of internal and external customers.
- Relates well, and works collaboratively with, all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Takes the initiative to proactively assist others without direct supervision and to resolve problems with other departments and co-workers.
- Exemplifies excellent customer service with patients, visitors, and other employees; shows courtesy, friendliness, helpfulness, and respect.
Required Skills & Experience
- Three to five years of medical billing experience
- Excellent analytical abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Provider contracting experience
- Maintain CPC – Certified Professional Coding credentials
TO APPLY: Click Here
Proposal Manager, CRO
Posted: May 17, 2018
The Proposal Manager develops and maintains project proposals, plans and scope of work documents for effective coordination and communication with clients, and PhenoPath laboratory staff and management; provides PhenoPath clients and management team with project reports.
The Proposal Manager manages all aspects of contract research projects proposals including discussing work requirements with clients, preparation of the Scope of Work documents and study plans, and developing cost estimations quotation. The Proposal Manager works collaboratively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders which includes clients’ investigators, scientists and project managers, and PhenoPath pathologists, project managers, business development and sales and marketing, laboratory staff and other experienced team members to ensure that proposals are accurate and in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- Lead the proposal writing process
- Prepare the Statement of Work (SOW) documents for clients and/or internal study plans
- Develop and maintain systems for effective communication within the company to ensure projects/studies contracts are prepared efficiently and accurately
- Ensure that client satisfaction is achieved through on-time delivery of the proposals. Address client comments with the CRO team
- Contribute in the writing of the protocol-specific laboratory manuals, study reports, and SOPs
- Create training materials and protocol specific documents for investigators and internal staff
- Contribute in the technical writing to support marketing efforts
- Maintaining study status in CRO database
- Interface with CRO management, project management, data management, laboratory, sales and marketing personnel
- Assist the CRO management and project management to ensure appropriate communication channels with the Sponsors and Investigators are maintained
- Update project status to CRO manager
- Assure new clinical test validations are completed and documented prior to specimen receipt and reporting for specific project
- Attend study initiation (“kick-off”) meetings
- Participate in internal quality assurance unit
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences, or a related science
- In-depth knowledge of clinical trials in Contract Research Organization (CRO) and/or (bio)pharmaceutical settings
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent ability in planning research projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills for effective interactions with all levels of the company and with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a dedication to accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- MT, HTL, or QIHC Certifications
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com
To Apply Online: Click Here
Please no phone calls regarding this position from candidates or recruiters
PhenoPath accepts resumes for Medical Technologists and Histotechnologists on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in employment at PhenoPath, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Human Resources Department
551 North 34th Street, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98103
PhenoPath offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance options (PhenoPath contributes to the premiums for employee, spouse and dependents)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a counseling and referral service, provided by PhenoPath
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Basic life and AD&D insurance coverage provided by PhenoPath
- Additional voluntary term life and AD&D insurance coverage options
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage provided by PhenoPath
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal leave and six holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan (PhenoPath provides an employer match on employee contributions; employees are 100% vested in their contributions and matching contributions from PhenoPath)
- Free on-site parking or alternative commuter bonus subsidy to offset public transportation costs
View and print an Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhenoPath is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to attract and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diversity of the communities in which we live.
Vendor / Recruiter Policy
PhenoPath does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, nor does PhenoPath pay fees to such vendors. Please do not contact or solicit hiring personnel regarding these matters.