We are proud to announce that PhenoPath is now part of AmeriPath.
MYC (8q24) breakapart
* Panel makeup subject to change
Proper WHO classification of aggressive B cell lymphomas is greatly aided by the identification of specific chromosomal alterations involving the MYC, BCL2, BCL6 and IGH genes. The main differential for this class of tumors typically includes Burkitt’s lymphoma, DLBCL, and tumors with morphologic and genetic features intermediate between these two entities. Identification of a “double-hit” (i.e. a MYC rearrangement with either a BCL6 or BCL2 rearrangement) argues against the diagnosis of Burkitt’s and can provide support for the intermediate category, although such double hits can also occur in DLBCL. The findings of this panel of FISH studies should be correlated with the clinical features and the histologic and immunophenotypic findings.
CPT Code(s): 88374x4 (reference only; CPTs may vary)
Turnaround Time: Within 3-4 business days of receipt
Schedule: Monday - Friday
• Peripheral blood, Preferred: 3 ml in sodium heparin (green top) / Acceptable: 3 ml in EDTA (purple top) - OR -
• Bone marrow aspirate, Preferred: 1-2 ml in sodium heparin (green top) / Acceptable: 1-2 ml in EDTA (purple top) - OR -
• Fresh tissue in RPMI - OR -
• Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue (FFPE)