We are proud to announce that PhenoPath is now a Quest Diagnostics Company.
CD5, CD19, CD20, CD45, CD38, CD56, kappa, lambda, surface antibodies
This panel identifies neoplastic plasma cell populations on the basis of cytoplasmic light chain restriction, but can also be used to identify cytoplasmic light chain restriction in the setting of an abnormal B cell population with aberrant loss of surface light chains. This panel contains antibodies to CD45, CD19, CD56, CD20, CD5, and CD38 (the latter all added to surface antibodies; after permeabilization of the cells, antibodies to cytoplasmic kappa and lambda are added). Potential add-on tubes include:
• B cell versus plasma cell add-on tube
CPT Code(s): 88184 x 1, 88185 x # of antibodies, 88188 x 1 (reference only; CPTs may vary)
Turnaround Time: Physician will be contacted by 9:00 PM PST the day of receipt for acute/life threatening conditions; next business day for routine flow cases.
• Peripheral blood, Preferred: 3 ml in sodium heparin (green top) / Acceptable: 3 ml in EDTA (purple top) - OR -
• Bone marrow aspirate, Preferred: 1-2 ml in sodium heparin (green top) / Acceptable: 1-2 ml in EDTA (purple top) - OR -
• Tissue: Finely minced tissue in RPMI transport media - OR -
• Body fluids: In RPMI transport media